Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sustainability Visit










Interview:





Questions:
1. What struck you about the location you visited? Was it what you expected, or very different?

The thing that struck me about the location I visited was that it was located at Otay Mall. Also that they've been having these farmer's markets there every Tuesday for 3 years, and I've been shopping at Otay mall for about that long. It was kind of what I expected, like, I expected it to be outdoors and people to be just selling their fruits. Though, I did not expect there to be non-food items, like jewelry and such.


2. Which items were cheaper than you expected? Which were more expensive?

I'm not sure, I haven't seen the prices compared to the grocery store's prices.


3. Do you think you will start going to a farmers market more often? Or using a community garden? Or supporting a CSA?

I don't think I will start going to a farmer's market that often, but I probably will keep it in mind more than usual.


4. How do these locations fit into our essential questions of “Why Don’t People Live More Sustainably?” and “How Can I Convince them to do So?”

These locations fit in to the questions because they relate to sustainable living. Living sustainably can include organic, home-grown fruits and vegetables.

5 comments:

  1. I agree how you said you thought it was going to be outside, and it wasn't the way you pictures it. I thought the same thing. When you think about Farmers Market you think like a garden and farmers growing there things there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaithlyn! I loved how many photos you took! It would help the reader to visualize the Farmer's Market itself. It looked waaay more interesting than mine was. Also, when you said that you couldn't tell the difference between the Farmer's Market prices and the grocery store's prices, it made me think about my own grocery store's prices. I actually have no idea what anything cost. I also loved that the whole thing was in a mall! I totally didn't expect a Farmer's Market to be in a mall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you took more than just one picture. The farmers market that i went to looks a lot different than the one you went to. What has made me think is that many people have said they don't think they will start going to a farmers market, the past few weeks we have learned what a lot of people don't know about the environment and even though there hasn't been anything that has convinced or struck us hard enough to live sustainably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaithlyn,

    What struck me was that you took so many pictures and made your interview into a video. I think it was really clever.

    One thing that I liked was that you talked about how they not only had food but clothing items and such. I like this because I also saw this when I went and it showed me that living sustainably goes farther than just food.

    Your blog post made me think a lot of what it means to be sustainable. Also, all your pictures are really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you chose the option to record your interview, because a lot of people wrote theirs and it's just nice to listen to things rather then read them. The pictures you took really helped people to visualize what the market looked like.

    ReplyDelete