Sunday, May 9, 2010

Senior Garden

Senior Interview

1. What are you growing?
Strawberries, tomatoes, carrots, peas, bananas, watermelons.

2. Has this inspired you to make your own garden?
If she had the time.

3. How do you keep the bugs away?
Since we don't use any pesticides, we are not able to keep the bugs away. :(

4. Who's taking over when you leave?
The juniors.

5. Who will take care of the plants over the summer?
I don't know, maybe whoever works in the house near it.

6. Are the seeds GMO?
No, they are not.

Reflection

1. How did this visit change you?
This visit changed me by making me think more about the Earth and how gardens like the seniors have help it.

2. What struck you about the garden?
The thing that struck me about the garden was the fact that the seniors did all the gardening themselves.

3. What did you like/not like about the garden?
I liked the fact that the whole garden was organic and all done by students of HTHMA, though, I did not like the fact that there were bugs everywhere and there was no way to keep them away.

4. Did this inspire you to grow your own garden?
No, it hasn't, though it has made me be more aware of the Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment