Monday, April 19, 2010

School Daze - Dialectic Journal


Quote:


(Click the image to enlarge)
Response:
I chose this quote because it really caught my attention and it immediately reminded me of what my parents always tell me about school and life. They say that if I want to be successful in life or not go hungry or homeless, then I have to work hard for money and get a good job. That is why I thought this quote from the book really connected to me and my life and the way that I've been taught.

3 comments:

  1. Your parents know what they're saying. To survive in this culture we've created you do need to do all those things or you will be homeless and hungry. Scary, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaithlyn, I really love the quote you chose because I was taught the same way. They say that a good job that you love doing is going to be the key later on in life. I like the picture you chose because I can see one of the many people Ishmael could have been referring to. I am glad you chose this quote because you had something to connect to it that almost every child has to hear from their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how you feel when you say your parents tell you to be good at school, because mine area always telling me the same thing. But also, as Ishmael said in the book, school is only there to regulate the flow into jobs.

    ReplyDelete